Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I dreamed about the mice last night, but in the dream they were rats, and there were so many of them that it was all you could hear and they were out in the open, everywhere. They didn't even bother to sneak. Took my dog in to the twenty-four hour veterinary clinic the other night after I spotted her with a block of rat poison in her mouth. Luckily, she didn't ingest any. Thinking about something happening to her really breaks me up, but she's fine. I was adamantly against using poison to control the mouse problem. Until there were a couple of instances where the snap traps didn’t finish the job and the dilemma of putting these mice out of their misery arose. This situation was something I wasn’t emotionally prepared to handle. Finally, I resorted to poison, confined to the basement. The dog got into the poison at an entirely different location, just a day or two after I decided to start using it in my own home, ironically. So, I decided to remove the poison. I’m just too damn paranoid. The apartment where I live requires a $250 pet deposit for each pet living in the home. In the near future, the plan is to look for a kitten. Although $250 is an extreme amount for my budget right now, I think I’m going to go for it. I would have to insure, before making any final decisions, that whatever kitten I adopt will be compatible and friendly with my dog, first and foremost. Ideally, whichever cat I pick will be a good mouser. Maybe the cat smell alone would be enough to discourage the mice. If not, I think that it would be nice for my dog to have a companion.

My boyfriend has pleurisy. He’s on antibiotics. His birthday is this weekend. We talked about summer activities yesterday. Picnics, kayaking, putt-putt and go-karts. I’m looking forward to the summer. I feel really optimistic about being with him.

I miss my mom and my dad. We spend a lot of the summer together around a campfire, listening to records, talking, arguing, and laughing. The older I get, the more I see where aspects of my personality comes from each of them.

Last week, I spent too much money. I spent money on the dentist, on my car, on the vet. Money is nice and a pain in the ass.

I’m on a brand of birth control that I was on once before. Before I didn’t notice much of an effect. This time, it’s made me feel moody as hell. For the whole month that I’ve been taking it, I’ve felt like I’m a day out from my period. It sucks and is annoying. The real kicker is, having taken it before, I just assumed that it would agree with me, so I bought six months worth of the stuff. Hopefully as it becomes more integrated into my system, the side effects will lessen.

I need to change my transmission filter. I’m about 46 miles out from my recent repair and it needs to be changed, the transmission filter, whatever, wherever that is.

I’d like to eat healthier foods. Honestly, I prefer home cooked meals over fast food. I prefer fresh over processed, most of the time. The truth is I’m just too lazy. I’ll buy healthy food, and the majority of it goes bad before I get to eat it. If I were less lazy, I could divvy up these foods and freeze them as soon as I get them. Plus, it would make cooking meals a lot more simple and convenient. I have a friend who once a month does this. I’ve done it before, but on a smaller scale. I should quit making excuses to be lazy and just do it. I know that I’d be glad if I did.

I wish I had a dishwasher. I used to, but now I don’t. Dishwashers are pretty awesome. Doing dishes sucks. I used to have really pretty dishes, but after so many years, they started to have chips and cracks. I found a nice new set of dishes at a garage sale, for a decent price. I bought those and got rid of my old set. This new set isn’t as pretty, or functional really. The shape of the old set was better, but they did get pretty hot in the microwave. I should go to goodwill and find some new dishes that are functional and pretty.


1 comment:

  1. I smiled the whole way through this. Loved the scatterbrain approach. Reflective and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete